This is a great opportunity for a mature and motivated person who enjoys working with people and wants to be part of a dynamic young company.
The suitable candidate will be friendly, outgoing, flexible, a good team player, responsible, well-organised and good with people. Candidates should also have an understanding of providing excellent customer service and a friendly environment for new clients.
Please note this is an unpaid internship which may lead to a paid position subject to excellent performance in the internship period. Shared room accommodation inclusive of bills will be provided for the successful applicant.
EazyCity is a local point of reference to welcome people arriving to a new city; our friendly and professional team provide a comprehensive range of flexible solutions for accommodation, employment services, study and social activities.
Founded in 2004 by Enrico Zoppi & Julia Lynes, EazyCity now has welcome branches in Cork, Dublin, London & Galway with further international developments coming in 2017.
At EazyCity our team works as a family! We fully support the development of our team members offering educational & training courses to improve skills as well as ongoing in-house training to ensure our team are the best they can be. We support & respect each other and we all work hard to ensure EazyCity is a great environment to work in.
The tasks included in this position are as follows:
- Working closely with the Managers of the Galway branch
- Working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Meeting and greeting new clients in a professional manner at check in / out appointments
- Checking new clients into and out of their accommodation
- Ensuring all clients complete feedbacks on arrival / departure
- Answering the company phone and taking messages
- Taking rent payments (cash and credit card transactions)
- Assisting the Managers with the daily duties, including scheduling cleaners and maintenance of properties
- Completing business research for the company as delegated by the Managers
- Assisting the Managers in organising events at various intervals during the year
- Progressing to answering reservation emails (using Microsoft Outlook) and processing bookings via new booking system after 2 months with the company
- Progressing to updating company files (knowledge of Excel essential) after 2 months with the company
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits and skills:
- Highly driven and motivated with mountains of energy!
- Super-organised with an ability to multi-task, prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment under pressure!
- Has an understanding of the importance of providing excellent customer service and a warm, friendly environment for new clients
- An excellent communicator with customer service experience.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude with a focus always on the solution never on the problem
- Flexible, committed and passionate – we expect all our team members to be fully committed to their work and to always go the extra mile for the customer even if that means working late in the evening or on weekends or last-minute changes to the work schedule – that is the nature of our business
- Fluent English along with another language which should be ideally Italian
- Additional languages are an advantage
Please forward an up to date CV and cover letter in English to Laura: email@example.com to apply for this position. Closing date for applications is Wednesday 25th of January 2017.
On Saturday, 11 February 2017 the Jobs Expo Galway event will take place which is a great opportunity to find a job or improve your networking in Galway. Jobs Expo is Ireland’s leading jobs and recruitment fair that puts job seekers directly in contact with employers. Since 2012, over 65,000 job-seekers have attended their various exhibitions.
Each year different companies recruit directly at this fair. This year will be MetLife, the US firm among the largest global providers of insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs, with 90 million customers in over 60 countries. MetLife wants to add over 200 jobs at their new global technology campus in Galway in the following areas: Actuarial, Compliance, Finance, Information Technology, Internal Audit, Legal, Operations, Risk and Treasury. Once again a big company is investing and is showing the health of Ireland’s economy, a fertile ground for finding new job opportunities or starting your own business.
It had been announced last week, Ernst & Young is going to create 270 job positions in Ireland. These jobs will be opened in Dublin and Galway and that is part due to the opening of two offices in Dublin and Galway. One of the aims is to increase a bit the number of graduate people and also to recruit professional employees “from various disciplines including accounting, finance, engineering, IT, consultancy and business”. As the capital, Dublin will rationally welcome the biggest part of the new employees and for the beginning it’s 25 different job offers that people will have the opportunity to apply for in Galway and more precisely on Eyre Square.
The international origin of our clients has always been one of the main features and strengths of our Company.
During 2015 we noted an increase in the number of people we welcomed in our cities.
When we analyzed the records to better understand the figures, we observed a data that surprised us: in 2015 we welcomed people from over 50 countries all around the world!
That’s great news for us! We have always worked with international clients, but this year we have been more international than ever!
Here’s the infographic we prepared to show all our numbers!
EazyCity is delighted to announce further expansion with a joint venture in Galway. Our newest partners, Laura & Tancredi have started operating under the EazyCity brand this month.
Who are Laura and Tancredi? After working in project management, tourism and engineering, last year they decided to move with their two sons to Galway, fascinated by the vibe of the City of the Tribes.
They experienced the warm welcome of Galway and their family settled well in the community. That’s one of the reasons they decided to partner with EazyCity and start to help others who wish to spend time in Galway whether for long or short-term.
Laura and Tancredi are enthusiastic about this new adventure, and eager to develop further and faster EazyCity’s offer in the city. They have already started acquiring new accommodations in Galway and are ready to take your bookings now!
It is common to hear people playing instruments or singing in the streets of Galway when a ray of sunshine appears and that is a part of the city life and culture.
Some residents complained about buskers and the high noise made by their performances.
That’s why the City Council of Galway suggested establishing a code of conduct to be followed by the buskers. Actually, the complaint was more about equipment as amplifiers. With that code of conduct this material would be forbidden and if someone will ask a busker to lower the volume, the artist will have to. Moreover, a performance won’t exceed 2 hours.
After a trial period of one year the City Council will decide if a by-law will be set up and that is what the businesses owners in Galway are asking for.
Win a week for 2 people in London, Dublin or Cork!
Recall the best Christmas memories of your life: guess the present and tag a friend to help Pixel Santa with his list. For whom is this present from your childhood?
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to entrants aged 18 and over, both to EazyCity clients and non EazyCity clients.
- Entrants shall be deemed to have accepted all terms and conditions.
- Employees of EazyCity and/or their families are not eligible to enter
- To enter the competition, the entrant should write a comment below the picture, trying to guess the Christmas present that is broken up in pixel. Additionally, the entrant has to tag a friend.
- Correct answers with no tag will not be considered valid entries.
- EazyCity will consider valid all the entries on EazyCity Facebook page and EazyCity Instagram profile.
- The competition will run from the 01.12.2015 to the 28.12.2015. All comments submitted after that date will not be taken into consideration.
- The winner will be announced on our social media pages on the 29th of December 2015.
- The winner of the competition will be picked at random by EazyCity from all of the entrants who entered one correct answer. The decision of EazyCity is final.
- The prize of the competition is 1 Week EazyCity Flatshare Accommodation for Two People in a twin or double room. The prize must be redeemed before the 31st of December 2016.
- The winner can decide the destination between Cork, Dublin and London.
- Any expenses for the travelling are not included in the prize.
- Accommodation is subject to availability and 4 weeks advance notice of redeeming the prize is required.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged wholly or in part for their monetary value.
Very good news for the Irish economy as IBM continues to invest and create 110 jobs in data analytics and data science, big data for IBM Smarter Workforce. IBM has been in Ireland since 1956 and currently employs 3,000 people today.
These new jobs will be created in software engineering. Big Data and new technologies are the key focus of Ireland’s investment policy. Ireland continues to increase expansion in this sector compared to others countries. Recruitment is expected to start in the coming weeks.
Click here for more information.
The Galway Oyster & Seafood festival is back: form the 25th to the 27th of September Galway will welcome visitors and foodies interested in trying the best products that the Atlantic offers.
The program is packed with events and activities for all the family, but the most interesting night will be on Saturday 26th, when three major events will take place.
- World Oyster Opening Championship. The best oyster openers will arrive in Galway from all around the world to crown their champion.
- Silent disco Ball. Prepare to dance in the most silent Disco you ever been: you’ll be the only one listening to your music, using a pair of headphones. The event is strictly over 25’s
- Masquerade Mardi Gras. A carnival style dinner party, where partygoers can enjoy delicacies while concerning their identities behind a mask.
The Aran Islands are an archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean, on the mouth of Galway Bay. The three islands are reachable thanks to a ferry service that leaves daily from various towns in Connemara and thanks to some daily flights.
Aer Arann was the company that has provided the plane service from Inverin to the Islands for the last 45 years. The company has recently lost the tender for the service for the next 4 years, to the helicopter company Executive Helicopters.
The inhabitants of the islands didn’t react well to the news: the main concerns are about the future of the employees of Aer Arann and about the change from a fixed winged aircraft to helicopters.
On top of it, Executive Helicopters plans to fly from Galway Airport in Carnmore, near Galway City and around 50 km from Rossaveal port, where the ferry from the islands leaves.
Moving the service from Inverin to Galway means that in case the scheduled flight is cancelled, the passengers would have to drive for an hour to reach the nearest ferry.
It has been reported that the winner of the tender has been announced before Executive Helicopters signed the contract with Galway Airport, and there’s still no certainty if the service will fly from Carnmore.
A special meeting of Galway County Council is scheduled for next week, to discuss the contract and the future of the aircraft service for Aran Islands.